Position: Business Development Manager / Sales
Experience: Minimum 5 years
The scope of work: Details below
Job Profile: Business Development & Sales for AGP’s various divisions i.e. AGP Talent, Artiere (Art Division) and International Business
Job Description: The candidate needs to be proactive and results driven to increase revenue and bring in new business. He/she should have a background in the media industry i.e. events, advertising or media buying. The experience must be both pan – India and some amount of experience internationally. He must also have a proven track record in sales within the related industry. The candidate must be excellent at creating, building and developing new relationships in this area. This role encompasses all aspects of the development of new clients, including:
- Setting the sales strategy
- Identifying target sectors, venues, brands and content streams
- Working on festivals and events throughout the nation.
- Contacting/marketing to new contacts
- Credentials presentations and content pitches.
- Help to guide the company’s response to existing pitch’s in various mediums including live events, TV, film, radio, and digital content.
- Drive event site selection process and contract negotiations with venues, brands, and hotels for future event proposals.
- Oversee requirements for meeting facilities, staging, Sound, light, rooms, food, branding, artiste, other materials, A/V equipment, etc.
- Assure a smooth running event/festival by coordinating efforts with project teams and other personnel.
- Achieve budget goals, through close monitoring of revenue and expenses, and proposal of corrective actions if needed.
- Control expenses through a regular reappraisal of vendors and purchasing methods, and negotiation of contracts beneficial to AGP.
- Prepare and maintain budgets and monthly forecasts for the expansion strategy and alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Accurately track results on a project basis, i.e. sales margin revenue, expenses, attendance, proportion and any other values etc . . . Alert management and make recommendations when results are behind schedule.
- Work with marketing team to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and quality with impact on guests/attendee.
- Work on sales to improve processes to generate more revenue.
- Actively participate in the process of designing or improving the event features and programs.
- Prepare and submit execution plan for new ideas and implement approved ones.
Salary: Best in the Industry
Functional Area: Sales, Retail, Business Development
Role Category: Business development
Role: Business Development Manager
Desired Candidate Profile
Education: (UG – Any Graduate – Any Specialization) AND (PG – Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization, MBA/PGDM – Advertising/Mass Communication, International Business, Marketing, Other Management, Post-Graduation Not Required, PG Diploma – Any Specialization, Other, Other) AND ( Doctorate – Any Doctorate – Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required)
1) Minimum of 03 (three) years of business development experience is required including proven budget management abilities.
2) Project management experience.
3) Prior experience negotiating contracts for events.
4) MBA or equivalent.
5) Experience in the related industry is a must.
6) Communications and public relations skills.
7) Time management skills.
8) Budgeting and financial control skills.